- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- Join our finance team who are more than numbers
- Make an impact at Canberra’s most iconic brand
Power to shine
Our Finance Division is looking for a motivated, highly organised, energetic and technically strong individual to join their team as the Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Reporting and Compliance, you will be primarily responsible for the completion of financial accounting, treasury back office and other compliance duties. These will include statutory audit and reporting for the ActewAGL Joint Venture in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Assist in the preparation of Joint Venture consolation and intercompany reconciliations ensuring that all reconciliation issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline for group and/or payroll related accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements for the partnerships and the Joint Venture in accordance with AAS and respective partnerships.
- Assist the Manager Financial Reporting and Compliance with the management of external audits.
- Assist with the completion of month end accounting close procedures or other investment activities in consultation with the business.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the cash flow model for both management and statutory reporting purposes.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate accounting processes and systems that enhance the level of financial control.
- Perform treasury back office duties which include, calculating daily cash flow, undertake daily payment processing, provide accurate and timely cash management reporting and forecasting and perform daily bank reconciliations.
You will need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting a related discipline and a CA/CPA membership or equivalent or working towards.
- Established work experience in the area of Financial Accounting and Compliance is required. Preferably in the utilities industry or large infrastructure business.
- Proven technical accounting skills with a strong understanding of AAS and experience in the preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline existing accounting processes, whilst ensuring a strong financial control environment is continued at all times.
- Strong Excel skills, including experience with TM1 and the Oracle Financial Suite (or similar financial and management information system is highly desirable).
- Well-developed quantitative, financial and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret financial and non-financial information.
- Experience in working in a back-office treasury function including treasury management systems is highly desirable.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Sunday 22nd May 2022.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Veronica Shehata, Manager Financial Reporting and Compliance on (02) 6248 3148.
- Closing Date:
- 22 May 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting from $77,990 + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time