GIS Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- Role based in the heart of Canberra
- Make an impact at Canberra’s most iconic brand
Our Technology team are looking for a highly organised, motivated and technically strong GIS Administrator, who amongst other associated activities will be responsible for GIS software and server administration, database and desktop software support and providing user training to our organisation.
Power to shine
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an engaged and hardworking Evoenergy IT team who are all about providing support and structure to manage and improve the application systems and services used day-to-day by Evoenergy.
ActewAGL is the capital region’s leading local energy provider. Along with our predecessors, we’ve been committed to the Canberra region for over 100 years—we have a big responsibility to the people who live here.
We’re here to inspire and implement energy solutions that empower our customers to waste less and save more.
Whether it’s providing expert advice by a team who get it because they’re locals too, or a better energy plan to meet customers’ needs, or supporting the things that make the capital region such a great place to live—we’ll deliver the best, most personal experience we can.
Along with the brightest minds in the national’s capital, we’re focused to reimagine energy now and for future generations.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow. Our people are proud to work here and we challenge each other and ourselves every day to be great.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and supports diversity and inclusion. We welcome people with a variety of skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- You will own continuous monitoring of the operational technology platforms in order to drive maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the GIS and operational technology systems.
- You will provide expert technical advice, feedback and education to key users to improve awareness, understanding and functionality of the applications within the GIS.
- Develop and maintain OT system and technical documentation, including the development and effective application of standards, processes and procedures to safeguard data integrity and accuracy of the OT systems / platform into the future.
- You will respond to user-raised Requests and Incidents in a timely manner.
- Partnering with the business to build and maintain positive relationships, you will understand, anticipate and influence inclusive operational technology outcomes.
We're looking for people who have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience on GIS with specialised experience as a GIS Systems Administrator.
- Specialised experience and/or knowledge in the management, use and administration of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcSDE, SQL databases and ArcGIS Server.
- Experience, educational background and/or career progression goal of GIS administration with emphasis on ESRI GIS software.
- Specialised experience in providing technical and user support of IT applications.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and proactively solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exposure to the Schneider ArcFM system and experience with Python and SQL are also highly desirable.
We encourage you to apply now through the ActewAGL e-Recruitment portal by uploading a resume and a cover letter telling us about the key skills and experiences you can bring to this role, and how you can contribute to our vision of transformation through technology.
Applications will close on Thursday 10 December 2020.
For more information, you can contact Colin Thomas, Group Manager Evoenergy IT (02) 6248 3361.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Dec 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- $103,608 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Information and Communications Technology