Capability Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
People and Capability Partner
- Looking to launch your career in Human Resources?
- Commencing from $72,423 plus 15% Superannuation
- 12 months Maximum-Term, Flexible Hours (Maternity Leave cover)
- Canberra CBD Location
ActewAGL’s Organisational Capability team are looking for an adaptable, upbeat individual to join our collaborative team. This is the perfect opportunity for recent graduates looking to immerse themselves in a supportive and cross-functional Human Resources team.
Working as a member of the broader People and Safety team, you will be partnering with the business to research and deliver solutions that help our people develop the capabilities they need for the future.
This opportunity will be ideal for someone looking for that first step into a career in HR or taking a step into the exciting world of Organisational Capability.
What would my day to day look like?
In a nutshell, you will have a curious mind, researching opportunities, analysing data, identifying solutions and being an internal consultant with our broader business areas.
- You will identify and prepare for future capability requirements by analysing emerging workforce trends, interpreting requirements for the business and providing capability support through:
- partnering with leaders and individuals in our business to capture and interpret, create or curate, implement and embed targeted learning and development solutions.
- becoming savvy in the use of our HRIMS (Aurion) where you would be recording training, administering the performance appraisal process and handling our study assistance program.
- using data to inform decisions - collecting and analysing capability data and then using this to assess the current training landscape to identify trends and areas of opportunity.
- designing interactive and engaging eLearning modules based on business needs using Articulate and Rise.
Why choose us?
Before you click ‘apply’ let us tell you a bit about our team and what we value!
Although usually based at ActewAGL House in Canberra’s CBD, you would also have the opportunity to embed yourself in the business to build and enhance your knowledge and understanding of business needs and build your internal relationships. We ask questions and seek to understand the challenge so that we can recommend the right solution. We also love to connect others using our knowledge and relationships we have built.
We are a team with a “can-do” attitude! We are trail blazers and are not afraid to fail because failure means we have gained some lessons learned along the way. If there is an opportunity for improvement, we are on to it.
Most importantly, we value a sense of humour and promote fun in our work.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- A passion for people and building the capability of others
- The ability to build relationships with our valued partners including management, participants, suppliers and training providers
- An interest in finding and piloting new technology solutions
- Be curious, enjoy undertaking research and look for tailored solutions
- The ability to prioritise your workload and deliver outcomes within established timeframes with a high level of attention to detail
Our application process
Sound like this role was made for you? Please apply through our recruitment portal by submitting your resume and a cover letter telling us about your key skills and experience you can bring to this role. No selection criteria necessary. The closing date for this role is 11pm on Sunday 11 November 2018.
To learn more about the role, please contact Amelia Abrahams on (02) 6248 3298. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
From out of town? Here’s a little more about Canberra!
Canberra, our Nation’s capital, has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of an elite capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 11 Nov 2018
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Human Resources/Change Management