Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $141,860 + 15% superannuation
- 2 years maximum term, full-time (with potential for extension)
- Canberra location
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future. We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Do you want to be part of building a better future for Canberra?
We are looking for a Project Manager with exceptional technical expertise and experience in delivering complex electrical infrastructure and commercial projects, such as zone substations and 132kV and 11kV overhead and underground feeders.
In this role, you will be coordinating the delivery and integration of Network initiated, Customer initiated and new technology projects into the business.
You should enjoy partnering with different areas of the business and external delivery partners to safely deliver high quality outcomes on time and within budget.
A day in the life:
- You will own a portfolio of projects and deliver strategic and tactical leadership from inception through to completion, including oversight, coordination, direction of, and reporting
- You will provide advice on the planning aspects of projects including technical feasibility, project delivery issues and cost-effectiveness, as well as innovation in design and construction
- You will negotiate high-value commercial arrangements with customers and contractors to enable cost-effective project delivery that complies with regulatory and company requirements
- You will manage and report on all aspects of health, safety, environmental and quality issues, as well as modelling positive safety behavior every single day
- You will keep abreast of current practice and ensure that project management practice remains innovative and grows with industry standards
- You hold a degree in electrical engineering and even better if you have project management, contract management, or other commercial qualifications to support
- You have a deep understanding and knowledge of project and contract management methodologies and tools, including financial control, document management, HSEQ policies and safe work practices
- You enjoy building and managing position customer relationships supported by your demonstrated experience in contractor oversight and commercial negotiation
- You have extensive technical experience and knowledge in energy networks planning, asset management, design, and / or construction, e.g. primary systems, secondary systems, SCADA
About the application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
Do you have questions about the role? Would you like to learn more?
You can contact Brad Eagle, Manager Major Projects on (02) 6293 5128.
Applications will close on 19 May 2019.
Thinking about the move to Canberra...
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 19 May 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution