Vegetation Management Officer x 2 - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Level 3 Zone A
$70,314 + 15% Superannuation
We are looking for two collaborative, self-starters to join our Vegetation team at Evoenergy.
As part of the vegetation team, you will support the vegetation maintenance program by working with internal teams, contractors and customers to manage vegetation clearances from power infrastructure. In this role, you will be required to perform onsite inspections, provide advice to customers and landowners as well as coordinate an effective vegetation management service.
Does this sound like you? Then, we would love to hear from you!
Evoenergy is the electricity Distribution Network Service Provider for the ACT and we are responsible for operating and maintaining the electricity network. The Vegetation team falls under the Works Delivery branch who are responsible for the scheduling and delivery of a range of work activities which ensure the daily and ongoing efficient functioning of our city's electrical network.
At Evoenergy, we are committed to providing safe and reliable services to our city and surroundings. Investing in our people, technology and other innovations, is at the forefront of our minds to provide solutions to meet the needs of our consumers now and into the future.
What can we offer you?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, flexible working arrangements, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
What will I be responsible for?
- You will ensure that the management and maintenance of trees throughout the network area.
- You will educate the community on network safety and appropriate vegetation management practices.
- You will deliver efficient vegetation management coordination to a budget.
- You will prepare various reports and respond to complex customer enquiries in a professional and factual manner referencing legislation, Australian standards and internal policy.
- You will conduct pre and post pruning audits followed by audit reports.
- You will undertake annual audits and implement improvement opportunities.
- You will assist in instructing and supervising contractors and internal staff when throughout vegetation management
Are you equipped with:
- General Construction Induction (White Card)
- Diploma of Arboriculture, Horticulture, Conservation and Land Management or Project Management
- Proven experience and competence using enterprise works management systems, Microsoft office software applications and mobile devices and/or flexibility to adapt and learn new IT platforms
- We encourage applicants with experience in the vegetation management industry and contractor management experience, though not essential
Do you care about your customers and exhibit passion through your work?
Then apply today to join us in delivering innovative, safety focused and performance driven energy solutions for our city.
How can I apply?
We encourage you to apply through our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role.
Applications are closing on the 20 April 2018, so don't forget! If you would like to get in touch or learn more about the role, please contact Mark Trainor on (02) 6293 5875.
Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Apr 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time