Electrical Systems Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Electrical Systems Engineer
- Are you an experienced electrical engineer looking for your next challenge?
- Can you project manage plant upgrades and provide advice on complex engineering matters?
- Join CSIRO's Australian Centre for Disease Prevention today!
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, the electrical systems engineer as a member of the technical support group provides professional engineering and technical support services for capital improvement, change management, maintenance, and operational activities. The successful applicant will use their professional expertise and strong people skills to lead and communicate responsively, considered and cost-effective solutions that support the mission of the B&IS team to Safely Operate and Maintain the Australian Centre for Disease Protection (ACDP) Facility to ensure the Integrity of ACDP’s High Containment Laboratory. We value Safety, Inclusion, Trust, Respect, and Pride in our work.
This role includes solution contributions to ongoing projects, in response to operational and maintenance issues that impact availability or maintenance interventions or as part of formal change management processes. You will be expected to work closely with the relevant B&IS engineering resources to achieve these aims. The role will also include project management from initiation to completion.
Your duties will include:
- Providing professional engineering support to the technical officers and technicians of the local B&IS group
- Monitoring energy demand and consumption profiles and developing strategies for minimisation of costs
- Project management of plant upgrades and other capital projects, including cost estimation, preparation of specifications and RFQs, contract administration, commissioning, and management of project deliverables
- Contribution to configuration management via the change management system
- Keep abreast of modern maintenance practice and introduce appropriate new maintenance technology and procedures into the department
- Provide advice on complex electrical engineering matters impacting operations, maintenance, and change requests
- Ensure compliance with CSIRO and department policies and procedures relevant to the conduct of maintenance and operations activities, including EEO and HS&E
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year
To be considered you will need:
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (electrical or electronic) from a recognised tertiary educational institution, together with eligibility for professional membership of Engineers Australia
- A minimum of 5 years experience in design, development, installation, commissioning and/or servicing of electrical systems, process instrumentation and controls gained in a heavy industrial, process industry, building services, or manufacturing plant environment
- High level of competence in the following technical areas of electrical engineering:
- Power generation and high voltage distribution equipment
- Building services and mechanical plant
- Demonstrated commitment to HS&E, safe working practices, including access permit procedures
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check, National Health Security (NHS) Clearance and must be an Australian citizen who can obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at the NV1 (Secret) level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 11 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 11 Apr 2021
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution