- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills in Small-scale Pilot Prototype and Instrumentation Development!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit requires an Electrical Engineer to work in advanced materials and prototyping laboratories. The role requires electrical/electronic engineering as well as general engineering skills. Our research is at its core focussed on the translation of cutting-edge advanced material technologies to prototypes in order to maximise the impact of our research.
This position will support the development, construction and integration and operation of an automated system processing gas streams. It will require input into user interfaces (include valves, heaters, sensors, pumps) for gas processing instruments and prototypes at different scales including laboratory and pilot.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to data analysis, troubleshooting and the generation of operational manuals.
- Liaising with external engineers and stakeholders to ensure validity of work.
- Making contributions to the interpretation of results and collaborating on drafting presentations to, and/or detailed written reports for, clients and the scientific and/or technology community.
- Adapting and/or developing original experimental methods/equipment/software/concepts/ ideas in support of existing and further research, promptly addressing where methods may not be defined, and initiative is required in seeking new approaches to meet experimental and/or technological needs.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years Full-time or Part-time (4 days per week)
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/ tertiary qualification &/or equivalent experience in Engineering including Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Prototyping or other relevant experience.
- Practical and demonstrable experience in the development and/or assembly and/or updating of instruments or prototypes and their control systems or equivalent.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers and Senior Engineers.
- The ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
15th January 2021, 11:00pm AEDT