- Interested in Geomechanical testing of core samples for science in the Energy sector?
- Proactively drive & run a project testing regime at an autonomous level
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Energy is seeking to appoint a technical officer for their Geomechanics & Geophysics testing laboratory.
You as the successful applicant will be able to proactively drive and run the project testing regime at an autonomous level. You will be dedicated to a specific piece of equipment and will be the primary manager for that equipment. You will be expected to fully understand the equipment in every aspect and oversee the continued operation of the equipment being managed.
You will be required to have strong communications skills at a team/organisational level and advanced cognitive reasoning and rationale. Project management skills that initiate, undertake and finalise projects in a structured way to assist in project deliverables is essential.
Your duties will include
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and take personal responsibility for their satisfaction, correct problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
- Under general direction, manage a facility or service supporting a large number of users, undertake a wide variety of tasks or tasks that have a high degree of technical difficulty, documenting procedures and training clients in systems and processes.
- Participate in the planning of projects and accept responsibility for carrying out major parts of the project, including data analysis, and typically make significant contributions to the interpretation and communication of results.
Location: Kensington WA
Salary: AU$82,450 - AU$93,280 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- Relevant certificate/diploma/degree or relevant work experience in the area of Experimental Geomechanics or Geophysics sciences and/or Mining/Industrial Laboratory Experience
- Physically able to move heavy items up to 20kg and flexibility to work in and around equipment
- Above average technical abilities to solve mechanical and software issues through root cause analysis
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 28 February 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT