- Are you an experienced Intellectual Property (IP) Manager?
- Would you like to contribute specialist IP advice relating to IP strategy?
- Work with high-performance & delivery focused Science Group teams primarily wtihin the Energy Business Unit
CSIRO is seeking to appoint an experienced Intellectual Property (IP) Manager who will be responsible for building and managing the IP Portfolio of the Energy Business Unit, contributing specialist IP advice and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of CSIRO’s IP portfolio management. You will be assigned to high-performance and delivery focused Science Group teams primarily in the chemical engineering and engineering fields. You will provide professional expert advice and contribute to the delivery of large and complex transactions while protecting CSIRO’s IP, and driving understanding of CSIRO’s FTO position.
Your duties will include:
- Providing proactive specialist IP advice and support to internal clients, principally part of the Energy Business Unit.
- Contributing high level expertise and understanding of a broad range of IP issues and complex business problems, including patents, copyright, designs and trademarks.
- Actively managing relationships with external clients, stakeholders and service providers, including external legal counsel and patent attorneys.
- Reporting on the patent portfolio and the expected outcomes and strategies on the portfolio.
Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney or Perth
Salary: $109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 53218
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in chemical engineering, engineering or similar and experience in IP management.
- Professional experience involving intellectual property laws, particularly patent laws, and their application to the above areas of technology (e.g. a part-qualified or qualified patent attorney in AU, NZ, EP or the US, having worked in these fields).
- Strong IP knowledge with expertise in all or most of the following areas: patent law and practice; confidential information and trade secrets; licensing; patent and other IP dispute resolution; copyright and other forms of IP; commercial knowledge to complement legal/patent attorney knowledge.
- Experience in managing IP portfolios and negotiating and advising on complex commercial transactions.
- Leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to act laterally and strategically.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 31 January 2018