- Are you keen to use your engineering or science skills in Reaction to Fire testing?
- One year contract opportunity with Australia's leading science organisation!
- Launch your career with CSIRO today and help maintain laboratory standards!
CSIRO Services are currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer to provide product testing services to commercial clients pertaining to the compliance of building materials to the National Construction Code (NCC).
In this role you will perform Reaction to Fire tests including specimen documentation and preparation, test instrumentation and the writing of technical reports, certificates of test and certificates of assessment in accordance with the reporting requirements of Australian and international test standards.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the conduct of sponsored fire testing at all stages from initial client contact;
- Assisting in the determination of client requirements and providing quotations;
- Receiving of test specimens, specimen preparation, planning and scheduling fire tests, data collection and analysis, reporting and the issuing of official test reports, certificates of test and certificates of assessment;
- Participating in the safe and efficient operation of the Reaction to Fire laboratory;
- Undertaking laboratory fire testing equipment in-house calibrations and performing troubleshooting exercises on minor equipment issues;
- Ensuring test reports and test certificates are accurate and valid.
Location: North Ryde, Sydney, NSW
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 1 Year
To be successful you will need:
- Experience related to this engineering or science qualification;
- Knowledge of building construction systems and products as well as an aptitude for manual work in a building construction environment whilst maintaining a scientific approach;
- Ability to produce technical reports in accordance with test standard requirements as well as the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with industry representatives, commercial clients and co-workers;
- Sound computing skills and knowledge relating to data acquisition equipment, equipment calibrations, laboratory records and documentation;
- Knowledge of HSE requirements pertaining to a fire testing laboratory environment;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to carry out tasks autonomously under general direction.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 15th October 2017