Manager Finance - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Hybrid working combining Sydney or Perth office-based and work from home
- Big 4 and commercial experience required
- Supportive and inclusive workplace fostering strong collaboration
Want a better job
You’ll find it at Alinta Energy.
We’re making energy better for our more than 1.1 million customers – and we’re making work life better for our 1,000+ people too.
We believe in better
At Alinta Energy, we’re a friendly bunch working to be the best energy company. Our culture is collaborative, and our passion drives positive change for people and the planet.
Over the past decade, we’ve evolved from a Western Australian residential gas retailer to one of Australia’s largest energy retailers, generators, investors, and developers with infrastructure across Australia and New Zealand.
Australia’s energy system is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history and we’re right there with it.
Help us make energy better
About the role:
Alinta Energy is seeking a dynamic and experienced Finance Manager to join our team. As the Finance Manager for the Generation & Development (G&D) and Commercial and Industrial (C&I) business segments, you will play a crucial role in preparing, executing, and analysing all financial information.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Managing a high performing team of accountants
- Controlling the general ledger and financial results, providing guidance to senior leaders
- Leading the implementation of process/data/reporting improvement initiative
- Leading the audit review of statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with governance frameworks
- Providing technical accounting advice to enhance return on capital and business performance.
- Foster a focus on outcomes through performance excellence, empowerment, and recognition.
Ideally, you’ll bring to the role:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand key financial variables
- Tertiary qualification in a Finance-centric area coupled with CA / CPA qualification and in-depth knowledge of accounting standards
- Proven track record in highlighting areas of improvements in systems and processes
- Experience managing and developing teams to deliver quality services, manage priorities and meet objectives
- Energy / utilities sector experience whilst not essential, would be looked upon favourably
The successful candidate will be an articulate finance professional with a passion for driving excellence. Join Alinta Energy and be part of a team committed to shaping the future of energy.
Enjoy better benefits - check our website for the full list!?
One of the best things about Alinta Energy is we discover better together. If you like the sound of that, and you’re a match for the role, we’d love to talk to you.
Alinta Energy. That’s better.
Alinta Energy is a 2024 Circle Back Initiative employer. We commit to respond to every applicant.
If your application progresses, we will need to complete background and pre-employment checks, such as immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks, and additional checks for roles related to finance.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.
Applications close: 16 Feb 2024 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Closing Date:
- 16 Feb 2024
- Work Type:
- Full Time