Senior Lawyer - Energy - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Lawyer - Energy
- Exciting opportunity for a senior projects / energy lawyer
- Diverse and interesting projects – never a dull day!
- Genuine flexibility - hybrid working combining office-based and work from home
Want a better job?
You’ll find it at Alinta Energy.
We’re making energy better for our more than 1.1 million customers – and we’re making work life better for our 1,000+ people too.
We believe in better
At Alinta Energy, we’re a friendly bunch working to be the best energy company. Our culture is collaborative, and our passion drives positive change for people and the planet.
Over the past decade, we’ve evolved from a Western Australian residential gas retailer to one of Australia’s largest energy retailers, generators, investors, and developers with infrastructure across Australia and New Zealand.
Australia’s energy system is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history and we’re right there with it.
Help us make energy better
About the role:
You will provide critical legal support for project development activities, draft power purchase agreements as well as create MOUs and term sheets to capture early development activities. Your natural flair for building strong and trusted relationships will also empower you with first class negotiation skills.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Supporting the SLM Development & Generation and SLM Major Project Development in drafting & negotiating energy contracts for development projects
- Collaborating on development phase projects, considering various aspects to ensure comprehensive contract solutions
- Providing day-to-day legal advice during the construction phase of projects to identify and address issues proactively
- Providing ongoing legal advice on existing energy contracts in the power generation sector
- Acting as a strategic business partner, delivering value to the Power Generation business.
Ideally, you’ll bring to the role:
- Law degree (6+ years’ PQE), admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction couple with proven experience gained in a major law firm or in-house counsel role with a major company
- Able to transform legal issues into workable solutions within a business context
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills with a strong customer focus
- Commerciality and a keen awareness of business strategy
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and experienced legal professional with a passion for the energy industry.
Enjoy better benefits - check our website for the full list!
One of the best things about Alinta Energy is we discover better together. If you like the sound of that, and you’re a match for the role, we’d love to talk to you.
Alinta Energy. That’s better.
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer. We commit to respond to every applicant.
If your application progresses, we will need to complete background and pre-employment checks, such as immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks, and additional checks for roles related to finance.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.
Applications close: 16 Feb 2024 W. Australia Standard Time
- Closing Date:
- 16 Feb 2024
- Work Type:
- Full Time