Technical Director - Energy
Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand (View other jobs from this organisation)
Technical Director - Energy
Together, we open opportunities with our connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients across Australia and globally. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Our energy team continues to grow at an accelerated rate and we're on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic, inspiring, and committed people to join our team. We have had substantial recent success with securing major energy infrastructure work, and providing expert advice and consulting services to businesses, industry representatives, government bodies, and regulators throughout the Australia and New Zealand region, with many exciting opportunities ahead.
You will be part of a dynamic team, committed to the provision of sound engineering and advisory services to the energy sector, as well as other related industry sectors.
Key to this role is leading the identification and capture of energy opportunities to develop bids that are client-focused, technically excellent, value adding, and commercially sound. The energy team will support developing and delivering our respective business plans, including developing appropriate plans for our sub-market segment.
You will possess the ability to undertake complex tasks and operate effectively across the business boundaries and interact with internal and external clients, dealing with middle to senior level professionals to form key relationships. Your responsibilities will include working effectively with our leaders to bring the right mix of resources to deliver the project to clients' satisfaction and lead and/or deliver a range of services to local and national clients.
As a Technical Director - Energy, you have relevant energy engineering qualifications and have significant proven experience in the design and delivery for major energy projects. You will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and the following skills, abilities and experience:
- Relevant degree in Engineering.
- Ability to lead the development of relevant designs and associated documentation across a range of energy projects including solar, wind, BESS, BoP, pumped hydro and large infrastructure projects.
- A proactive approach and able to work as part of an integrated energy team to accomplish project milestones and deadlines;
- Leadership skills and the ability to outline and assign work and review for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- The ability to plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of other professional and technical staff.
- Ability to lead, develop and manage a team of staff.
Our values, culture, and benefits
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our organisation, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work.
- State-of-the-art office and end-of-trip facilities
- Agile working environment
- Competitive salary and group bonus incentive and share ownership schemes
- Options to purchase additional annual leave
- Annual Health Check and ongoign Professional Development
You've got this!
We're always on the lookout for talented people who share our values to join our team and contribute to our culture, connect with us to find out how!
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time