Powerlink Queensland is the state’s High Voltage Transmission Network Provider. Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. With approximately 850 employees Powerlink is committed to providing a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money.
The revenue which Powerlink collects for its regulated services is determined by the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) through a Revenue Determination process every five years.
During this process, Powerlink must develop a Revenue Proposa, which is a significant body of work for the organisation. It outlines forecast expenditure and revenue requirements to provide an efficient, safe and reliable transmission service. The AER assesses this proposal before setting Powerlink’s Maximum Allowable Revenue (MAR) for the following five-year regulatory period.
Powerlink is searching for an experienced analyst to join a dynamic team delivering this important body of work.
The Role: As the Revenue Reset Analyst – Capital Expenditure (Capex), you will support the delivery of capex forecasts for Powerlink’s 2022/23 to 2026/27 revenue determination in accordance with business and regulatory requirements. This will be a fixed term position, initially up to January 2021 for the preparation of the Revenue Proposal, with a potential extension for the evaluation of the proposal by the AER and its consultants, through to the Final Determination made by the AER in April 2022.
Role Key Accountabilities:
- Provide technical input, information, analysis and advice regarding Powerlink’s capex forecasting approach;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to identify forecast business requirements over the next regulatory period;
- Critically review internally developed forecast investment needs and costs to establish prudency and efficiency;
- Assist in the management of external business support resources;
- Assist in the development, and ensure consistency and accuracy of, project scope reports and estimates;
- Provide technical input, quality control, coordination and consistency of supporting documentation; and
- Assist with any other activities related to the capex stream that may be required as part of the Revenue Determination process.
- Degree level qualifications in Engineering, Economics or Finance.
- Experience in analysing complex technical matters and developing appropriate solutions, particularly as they pertain to a capital expenditure portfolio/program.
- Experience in influencing, managing and applying quality control and consistency of outputs.
- Proficient in development of complex analytical models, including integration of data from multiple sources/formats and automation of routine analysis functions.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders across a complex business and regulatory environment.
Understanding and/or experience within the energy industry, including its regulatory environment, will be strongly considered.
If you believe you meet the above the above requirements and can deliver successful outcomes for Powerlink’s Revenue Reset team please apply. Applications close 8 AM Wednesday 13 November 2019. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
A merit based selection process will be conducted following your application to select successful applicants. To facilitate the recruitment process shortlisted applicants might be required to participate in relevant recruitment activities and assessments within a short timeframe.
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Powerlink’s recruitment team.