Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the High Voltage Electricity Transmission network in Queensland. Powerlink's primary role is to provide a safe, cost effective and reliable transmission network to transport high voltage electricity to the electricity distribution networks. Powerlink also transports electricity to large industrial customers such as rail companies, mines and mineral processing facilities that are directly connected to our high voltage network. Powerlink provides these electricity connection services on a non-regulated basis. With a reputation for a great working environment, Powerlink has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join our People and Corporate Services Division in a Permanent, Full-Time Senior Employee Relations Consultant role.
The purpose of the Senior Employee Relations Consultant position is to proactively foster partnerships with unions and other key stakeholders. The role provides authoritative advice and support in the areas of employment relations and industrial relations to ensure effective implementation of the employee relations framework.
This role is also responsible for providing support with general human resource matters and contributing to broader business and/or human resource related projects.
Your key accountabilities will include:
· Actively develop relationships with union officials and delegates to support the delivery of business outcomes and change by engaging with them to assist the understanding of business initiatives and involvement in the process of change.
· Actively develop strong working relationships across People and Culture to promote effective implementation of the employee relations framework.
· Provide expertise and advice across the business to facilitate understanding of the union landscape, the different relationships and the opportunities in that environment.
· Provide advice and high level interpretation of employment legislation and related information, translating this into real, practical, employee relations solutions which contribute to the achievement of positive outcomes on complex employment matters, minimise disputation (where possible), resolve disputes and issues as early as possible, and protect Powerlink's interests. This includes managing the process of gaining legal advice on more complex matters and briefing appropriate legal parties on these matters.
· Provide consistent advice and interpretation of industrial relations issues and strategies within Powerlink in order to achieve compliance obligations and expectations of external agencies. This includes acting as an advocate on behalf of Powerlink in industrial negotiations, disputes or conciliations.
· Lead the investigation of workplace issues such as allegations of misconduct or conflict at the workplace as required, and provide preventative advice to minimise the occurrence of such circumstances in the future.
· Advise on and manage industrial/employee relations cases end to end on highly sensitive matters to ensure practices and services are contemporary, relevant and fit for purpose to manage business risk and support Powerlink in achieving short term business goals and long term strategic objectives. Build capability of other P&C functions through training and mentoring in best practice employee relations principles and practices that are aligned to Powerlink practices and procedures.
· Act as an industrial advocate on behalf of Powerlink in any industrial negotiations or disputes and represent the corporation as required.
To be successful in this role the applicant will require Tertiary qualifications in Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management, or relevant other degree level qualification coupled with significant experience in the application of HR, industrial relations and employee relations practice.
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply' button and upload your application, consisting of an updated resume, covering letter and response to the three questions detailed in the application form. Applications will close at midnight Sunday 26th February 2017. All applications will be reviewed after this date. Please monitor your email for any further communication.
For further information please review the position description below;
PD - Senior ER Consultant - 14 December 2016.pdf