Senior Environmental Advisors and Environmental Advisors
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Environmental Advisors and Environmental Advisors
- Multiple newly created roles available across Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Gladstone and Bundaberg
- Build real relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people.
- Enjoy a 9-day fortnight and family-friendly work arrangements.
Want to get stuck into cutting-edge projects that aren’t being delivered elsewhere in Queensland? Be the start of every possibility with Powerlink.
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As a Senior Environmental Advisor or Environmental Advisor, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to more than five million Queenslanders and 253,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected, and every future made possible.
Together, we’re working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us deliver the new energy future and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As a Senior Environmental Advisor or Environmental Advisor, you’ll help find clever solutions to interesting problems as you grow your skills every day. And you’ll do it with down-to-earth people who you’re proud to work with and get to know. Here’s how:
You’ll provide high-quality, innovative and customer-focused environmental support across Powerlink’s projects, operations and maintenance activities - fostering a high performing culture focused on health, safety and environment.
You’ll support your leaders through providing practical advice and solutions on all aspects of Environmental management, including legislative compliance, hazards & risks. You’ll facilitate a range of audit & assurance activities, providing practical and pragmatic environmental support to assist in managing risk and delivering optimal outcomes.
From large-scale linear construction projects to operations and maintenance activities, you’ll oversee permits and approvals for our sites, executing on-site assurance whilst partnering with your stakeholders to provide specialist support and guidance.
What you’ll bring
- Degree qualifications in a relevant field - such Environmental Science, Environment, Environmental Engineering or Applied Science
We’d also love you to have:
- Experience working within medium to large construction or electrical enterprises – you’re a seasoned technical professional with broad, overarching knowledge of contemporary & complex environmental challenges, risks, hazards & solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, your adaptable communication style and partnership approach has enabled you to build collaborative, influential working relationships with others; with a demonstrated ability to navigate challenges, manage individual and team expectations and reach mutually agreeable outcomes.
- A continuous improvement mindset; able to identify and action opportunities for improvement, applying your keen eye-for-detail through a proven talent for analysis. You’re confident working independently within a wider-team environment, collectively committed to improving environmental outcomes for Powerlink through a customer-lens.
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there’s three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Hybrid, family-friendly and flexible working arrangements including substitution of public holidays.
- 12.75% superannuation and salary packaging of novated lease vehicles
- Volunteer leave and 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay.
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including corporate health plan with employee discounts, annual flu vaccinations and access to Employee Assistance Program.
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Application close 24 of February 2024. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at email@example.com.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a Veteran-Friendly Employer. We recognise the significant skills and value, and Veterans can bring, and ensure Veterans have equal opportunity in gaining employment with us. If you’re a Veteran, feel free to let us know in your application or reach out to find out how we can support you.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy check.
We’re proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Feb 2024
- Work Type: