Powerlink as the QLD Transmission Network Service Provider is motivated to invest in transmission infrastructure and maximise the utilisation and profits derived from its resources and people, to positively contribute to Queensland's economy and the delivery of major infrastructure projects. As such Powerlink will play a vital role in new and exciting large infrastructure projects in Queensland.
To support these critical project deliverables Powerlink Queensland is looking for a dynamic and proven Project Director to deliver our upcoming large infrastructure projects.
About the role
This role is for an experienced Project Director responsible for the successful delivery of a large and critical infrastructure project for Powerlink. The role will require:
- Significant upstream and downstream stakeholder and customer engagement at senior management level
- Comprehensive large project delivery experience in a high pressure commercial environment.
- A proven track record in delivering large complex key infrastructure projects on time and budget
This is a fixed term opportunity initially for two years with a potential one year extension. You will develop, recommend and implement a deliverable project plan and strategy for the business that takes into account the customer, internal and external influences and employ 'outside-in thinking' to help mould the strategy and identify fit for purpose delivery solutions for the organisation.
You have demonstrated success in similar Project Director roles leading large and diverse project teams in the end-to-end delivery of complex, infrastructure, engineering projects and managed customers and stakeholders upstream and downstream to deliver business critical project and commercial outcomes.
You are a collaborative and engaging leader, with capabilities and experience in building, high- performing, project delivery teams in a matrix organisation, to achieve a balance between technical and commercial outcomes.
Important for your success are:
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of program and project management; including defining delivery methodology, implementation, reporting and evaluation to ensure high quality outcomes.
- Your approach facilitates exceptional service to internal and external customers
- You are an expert communicator both verbal and written, you are engaging, high energy and committed to deliver against expectations and outcomes focused
- Experience in delivering complex projects using earned value (EV) and fully resourced schedules in Microsoft
- An in- depth understanding of the electricity Industry and delivery concepts to achieve positive outcomes for Powerlink.
- Tertiary qualifications in management, project management, with post-graduate qualifications desirable
You will need to have the ability and appetite to work away from home on a as needs basis (ad-hoc site presence).
This is a great opportunity to lead the achievement of real business outcomes in a dynamic project team environment. If you believe you meet the above the above requirements and can achieve strong commercial outcomes for our Project teams please click on the "Apply" button below to apply.
Applications close Midnight Sunday 28 February 2021. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
A merit based selection process will be conducted following your application to select successful applicants. To facilitate the recruitment process shortlisted applicants will be required to participate in relevant recruitment activities and assessments within a short timeframe. This might include a criminal history check.
For further information about this opportunity contact Powerlink’s recruitment team on email@example.com.
Powerlink and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.