Senior Electrical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Rail (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Electrical Engineer
Queensland Rail has an opportunity for an 18 month fixed term Senior Electrical Engineer within our Rollingstock Specialist Engineering team. The team is primarily responsible for performing electrical engineering functions to improve the safety and performance of rollingstock to ensure rollingstock availability, reliability and cost effectiveness.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer within this team you can expect that you’ll be responsible for the following scope of works:
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Rollingstock Maintenance.
- Be familiar with and understand the principles and practices of the Queensland Rail standards, relevant legislation including the Queensland (QLD) Electrical Safety Act and business requirements to develop and establish designs and modifications for the maintenance and operation of rollingstock.
- Monitor rollingstock performance, carry out tests, analyse and make recommendations to improve the reliability and performance of rollingstock and associated equipment.
- Conduct quality audits on rollingstock maintenance procedures and practices in accordance with established standards.
- Develop scopes of work, specifications, instructions, design drawings and other documents to the required standards in relation to rollingstock component reliability while reducing maintenance costs.
- Provide technical support to servicing facilities and evaluate the suitability of equipment and work practices used in relevant depots and the impact to rolling stock systems.
- Manage safety, reliability and cost improvement projects in relation to rollingstock modifications, upgrades and general maintenance.
- Investigate new technologies and develop electrical systems to enhance the safety and reliability of the Queensland Rail rollingstock fleet.
- Liaise with technical and trade staff and other Queensland Rail staff and contractors regarding rollingstock maintenance issues.
This role is predominately based in Bowen Hills/Mayne, just outside Brisbane CBD.
You will bring:
- Extensive knowledge of the technical operation, maintenance requirements, servicing and repair of passenger rollingstock and associated equipment.
- High level of skill in undertaking technical investigations, rollingstock tests, problem solving, component failure analysis, trial modifications and preparation of technical reports.
- High level of skill in developing and continuously improving electrical and/ or mechanical systems, strategies, scopes of work and modifications to improve rollingstock performance, reliability, safety and cost.
- High level of skill in formulating procedures, quality principles and introducing new technologies for the purchase of new components and maintenance of existing equipment.
- High level of skill in leading, mentoring and training personnel in the theory and maintenance of rollingstock.
At the time of application, you will hold Engineers Australia recognised Bachelor Engineering – Electrical or company approved equivalent, as well as unrestricted Australian working eligibility/visa.
For further information about this role please also read the Position Description
Why Queensland Rail?
Queensland Rail is one of the largest employers in Queensland. Our diverse range of roles and locations mean that we have a unique opportunity to employ dedicated team members from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets.
If you thrive in an environment where motivation, teamwork and forward thinking are paramount, then a career with Queensland Rail could be the right step for you.
For this role we can also offer:
- Flexible working options to support the balance between work and personal commitments.
- Free Citytrain travel to and from your office location + other free or discounted SEQ rail travel.
- Annual salary of between $132,956 and $142,279 + Superannuation.
- Access to holistic and contemporary health and wellbeing programs including Fitness Passport.
- Professional development opportunity, exposure to one of the largest employers in Queensland.
- Access to other competitive Employee Benefits + 1 Team Values, Diverse and Inclusive working environment.
Please apply to Senior Electrical Engineer (6645) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button by 11:59pm (GMT+10:00 Brisbane) 5th of February 2024.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Queensland Rail is committed to a diverse workforce that is reflective of the customers and communities we serve.
We are inclusive, collaborative, respectful, and value our differences. We are 1TEAM, where everyone belongs.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact Liam McKeown via the email below.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Liam McKeown with your specific enquiry on email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2024
- QLD - Bowen Hills
- Annual salary of between $132,956 and $142,279 + Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time