- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- Full-time, ongoing opportunity
Power to shine
Our Economic Regulation Division at ActewAGL is looking for a highly engaged, hardworking and motivated individual to join their small collaborative team, as a Graduate Economist. You will work to conduct research and analysis, and provide advice on a range of regulatory matters for the ActewAGL Joint Venture businesses (Evoenergy and ActewAGL Retail).
The energy sector is going through an exciting time of transition as the sector works toward decarbonisation, and this is the perfect opportunity to kick start your Economics career in the energy sector!
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Work collaboratively with key partners in the businesses to understand operations, and provide advice on economic regulatory matters.
- Conduct research and analysis and provide advice on economic regulation of the energy sector, particularly energy distribution networks.
- Conduct research on current and past regulatory decisions for positions and precedents.
- Review and analyse reports prepared by economic regulators and government economic agencies.
- Draw on research and understanding of business and customer needs to assist with the preparation and presentation of regulatory strategies and positions.
- Assist with preparation of regulatory submissions, pricing applications and presentation material.
- Undertake analysis of customer and business data to support development of pricing and regulatory strategies.
- Assist with information responses and data requests.
- Undertake and assist other team members with financial and economic modelling relating to the regulation of the businesses.
You will need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as Economics, Commerce, Engineering, Finance etc.
- Understanding of competition policy and economic regulation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of economic theory in a commercial environment.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and communicate complex subject matter in a way that is easily understood at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (including advanced skills in Excel).
- Research, analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and orgainisational skills.
You'll also have exclusive access to our Graduate Network:
We know that transitioning from student to professional life can be an adjustment for some. So, we believe in aiding our graduates to connect with each other and build strong professional networks across our business.
As a network run by Graduates, for Graduates; you'll get to take ownership of leading events that contribute to not only your career development and business knowledge, but that of your fellow graduates too.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Wednesday 25th May 2022.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Cameron Shields Group Manager Regulatory Finance and Strategy on 0401 036 790.
- Closing Date:
- 25 May 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting from $69,676 + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time