Geospatial System Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- Role based in the heart of Canberra
- Make an impact at Canberra’s most iconic brand
Power to shine
Our Technology team are looking for an organised, motivated and technically strong Geospatial Systems Administrator, who provides system administration services for Evoenergy’s Electrical Asset Management System (ArcFM) and Geographical Information System (GIS).
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an engaged and hardworking Evoenergy IT team who aim to deliver a stable IT base that aligns with Evoenergy corporate strategies.
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow. Our people are proud to work here and we challenge each other and ourselves every day to be great.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and supports diversity and inclusion. We welcome people with a variety of skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- You will monitor the operational technology platforms in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the Geospatial portfolio and operational technology systems.
- You will provide expert technical advice, feedback and education to key users to improve awareness, understanding and functionality of the applications within the geospatial portfolio.
- Develop and maintain IT system and technical documentation, including the development and effective application of standards, processes and procedures to safeguard data integrity and accuracy of the IT systems / platform into the future.
- You will respond to user-raised Requests and Incidents in a timely manner.
- Partnering with the business to build and maintain positive relationships, you will understand, anticipate and influence the Geospatial portfolio and Information Technology outcomes.
We're looking for people who have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience on GIS with specialised experience as a GIS Systems Administrator.
- Specialised experience and/or knowledge in the management, use and administration of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcSDE, SQL databases and ArcGIS Server.
- Specialised experience in providing technical and user support of IT applications.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and proactively solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with ArcFM system are highly desirable.
We encourage you to apply now through the online portal by uploading a resume and a cover letter telling us about the key skills and experiences you can bring to this role.
Applications will close on Sunday 15th August 2021.
For more information, you can contact Zakir Hossain, GIS/ArcFM Designer Support Analyst (02) 6270 7991.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Aug 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- $106,198 + 15% Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time