HPC GPU Programmer
DownUnder GeoSolutions Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
At DUG, we offer high-performance computing as a service for a wide variety of clients. Built on many years of experience in geophysics, our world-class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally-intensive projects.
We’re looking for a GPU programmer with familiarity in writing and maintaining optimised software for a variety of platforms, to help customers bring their GPU workloads to our HPC infrastructure.
As HPC GPU Programmer, you’ll be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring that customers can use our compute infrastructure as productively as possible. Your pragmatic approach will help you deal with third-party software that's not always of especially high quality. You’ll become proficient in the languages and techniques used in these projects, as well as an evolving and somewhat-unique HPC environment.
- porting to and ongoing maintenance of scientific applications on DUG’s HPC environment
- inspection and maintenance of software written by other members of the team
- achieving a basic understanding of our customers' scientific domains
- acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues
- providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid project delivery
- strong C/C++ skills, along with at least one GPU-targeted toolchain (ideally CUDA)
- experience using GPGPUs for numerical processing in a commercial or academic setting
- excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients when necessary
- impeccable professional references
The most successful candidates will also possess some or all of the following
- significant expertise as a Linux user/administrator (able to perform tasks such as installing complex software with challenging dependencies; building and installing a patched kernel; or diagnosing a device driver problem)
- experience optimising for both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs, and x86 CPUs
- a background or interest in some branch of science
- sufficient maths to be able to implement algorithms described in scientific papers
- WA - West Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Information and Communications Technology