Research Manager - Perth - [Archived Advertisement]
Water Research Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Research Australia (WaterRA) is a national not-for-profit organisation, established and funded by its members. A leading provider of research services to the water industry, WaterRA undertakes collaborative urban and regional water research that generates innovation and impact at a local and national scale. Headquartered in Adelaide, WaterRA has members across Australia and staff based in Adelaide, Melbourne, northern NSW and Sydney.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for an enthusiastic Research Manager to join our Research Services Team. The position, based in Perth (or surrounds), is responsible for the co-development and project management of research and innovation that makes us a leading source of water wisdom for healthy communities and a healthy planet. While the position is physically located within one of our member organisations for some days of the week, it will require a high level of independent working, most likely from home. As part of the broader Research Services team you will also assist our members to measure and realise maximum value from their research investment across all stages of the research lifecycle, from ideation to impact.
This role requires strong project management skills, a collaborative work ethic, effective communication and a passion for understanding the individual needs and building relationships across and between our Members (utilities, research organisations, health and environmental regulators, and consultants), Partners, Alumni, Staff and Board.
With a member-centric mindset, you will need to perform well under pressure as you deliver high impact research solutions that add value to our members’ businesses while contributing to the growth of WaterRA.
- project manage the co-development, enhancement and application of research, including knowledge translation and adoption, and benefits measurement;
- establish and maintain productive and respectful relationships with key stakeholders including water utilities, research institutions and other industry organisations;
- contribute to the development and delivery of initiatives that enable collaborative research and build capability among WaterRA’s members;
- actively support WaterRA’s corporate business developments and improvements.
What the successful candidate will look like:
- Tertiary qualifications in social science, science, engineering or a related field (and preferably a post-graduate research-based qualification)
- Experience in project management in an R&D or technical environment, especially of collaborative initiatives between industry and researchers
- Experience in a water utility, research organisation or related health or consulting role
- Skills in science communication and translating technical information into knowledge outputs for knowledge adoption
In addition, the suitable candidate will have proven ability to work autonomously and flexibly across multiple technical areas, and to establish and maintain strong stakeholder relationships. They will be proactive and positive, member-focused, an attentive listener, innovative and creative, articulate and confident in presenting at events and facilitating workshops. Flexibility in interstate travel is also required. Secondments from one of our Member organisations will be considered.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading provider of research services that benefit the Australian community.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter outlining why you are right for this role and how you can make an impact to email@example.com. Address your cover letter to Jacqueline Frizenschaf, General Manager Research Services.
Get to know more about WaterRA visit waterra.com.au.
Applications requested by: 12 midnight, 21 July 2021
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time