Planning and Regulatory Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Talitha Vinall (View other jobs from this organisation)
Planning and Regulatory Manager
- Canberra Location
- $169,079 plus 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, full time
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas transmission and distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have highly skilled professional teams who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our Asset Strategy branch is looking for a Planning and Regulatory Manager to lead and deliver optimized network planning and technical regulation processes in accordance with National and Jurisdictional requirements.
You'll play a key role in driving innovation and transformation policy in the context of significant technological and consumer change and ensure our business requirements integrate the regulatory environment into operations.
You will drive optimized investment solutions that always aim to maximise asset utilization and customer benefits.
You will inspire your team every single day and take pride in the work being produced through a creative mindset that will consistently challenge status quo.
A peek into a day in the life:
- Develop and implement probabilistic planning policy and standards that provide a consistent approach for investment
- Deliver robust network planning business cases that demonstrate a probabilistic risk based approach to include non-network options
- Deliver Advanced Distribution Management System benefit realisations and successfully incorporate such into our network and asset planning processes
- Drive identification of business opportunities from emerging technologies to incorporate into our asset management strategies and operations
- Own the completion of all regulatory reporting and auditing, including Regulatory Information Reporting , Safety Management System and Asset Management System Certification Compliance
- You enjoy building and nurturing positive relationships to lead and influence
- You're passionate about working in a dynamic and evolving environment where you can provide business insight and demonstrate financial acumen
- You enjoy leading long term strategy and risk-based action planning, not afraid to get into the details and work outside of your comfort zone
- You care about nurturing your team and enjoy coaching, mentoring and guiding your team to achieve
We'll need you to have:
- Qualifications in Electrical Engineering or Business Management
- Demonstrated experience in electricity network planning including robust technical studies and in depth understanding of industry trends and transformation challenges
- Deep understanding of the operation and maintenance of electricity network infrastructure and associated asset management strategies
- Proven management experience in dealing with National Regulatory Frameworks
- Experience leading a diverse professional team
Even better if you have:
- Experience with the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and jurisdictional technical regulators
About our application process:
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role.
We ask you to address in your cover letter how you will lead our Planning and Regularity team to drive innovation and transformation policy in line with significant technological and consumer change.
Questions about the role? We encourage you to contact Dennis Stanley, Branch Manager Asset Strategy on (02) 6270 7667.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contract Talitha Vinall, Talent Strategy and Sourcing Advisor on (02) 6248 3017.
Applications will close on 3 February 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Feb 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution