Project Design Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Project Design Engineer
- $109,118 annual salary plus 15% super
- Permanent and 12 month contract opportunities
- South Canberra location with free parking & flexible work options considered
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology, and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires, because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About this opportunity
Evoenergy has an exciting opportunity for a Project Design Engineer to join our Customer Delivery Group and help support the team in the design and project planning for customer initiated projects including embedded generation and connections.
You will be responsible for maintaining project oversight during all phases of a project (from project concept to project closeout), and ensuring a reliable, responsive, effective and efficient primary interface point is provided for internal / external customers and stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project designs and project briefs, including preliminary cost estimates, for assigned customer initiated projects.
- Develop and prepare associated documentation for assigned projects, ensuring that the customer’s requirements and Evoenergy’s design standards are met.
- Undertake general project related activities for assigned customer-initiated projects and ensure projects are delivered within predetermined budgetary and time constraints.
- Providing technical advice and support to customer requests and internal stakeholders as required
- A degree in electrical engineering (preferred) or an Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering (minimum requirement)
- Experience in design for complex electricity distribution projects
- Experience in applications used by Evoenergy such as ArcFM and Autocad is desirable.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to the electricity distribution industry
- Proven ability in balancing priorities whilst continuing to meet the expectations of our customers
- Dedicated attributes of being team oriented, assertive and conscientious
How to apply
Does this role interest you? If so, we encourage you to submit your resume and a one-page cover letter, outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role!
The due date for applications is Sunday 7 August 2022.
Applications should be addressed to Michael Lloyd, Customer Technical Services Manager. If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, you can contact Michael on 0423 828 086. If you need any guidance with the application process, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Aug 2022
- ACT - Greenway
- $109,118 annual salary plus 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution