Engineering Technical Support Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Engineering Technical Support Officer
- Starting salary $106,198 + 15% Superannuation
- South Canberra location with free car parking
- Be part of the strategic direction of a well-known Canberra organisation
Evoenergy has an exciting 12-month opportunity to onboard an analytical and strategic Engineering Technical Support Officer to join the Network Services Group at Evoenergy. Using your strong problem-solving skills and communication skills, you will support the engineering team in the review and development of their asset strategies and plans, having a real impact on Evoenergy’s future capabilities.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology, and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About the opportunity
The Engineering Technical Support Officer is part of the Network Services Group of the Evoenergy Division. This is a key role in which you will provide technical support to the Network Services engineering teams in the management and delivery of Evoenergy’s overhead electricity distribution network assets portfolio. You will support the engineering team in the review and development of their asset strategies and plans, within Evoenergy’s ISO55001 certified asset management system.
Through the application of a methodical approach to asset management related research, and data collation and manipulation, you will assist in identifying transformational changes to asset management processes across Evoenergy’s asset portfolio. This is a highly collaborative role, in which you will work closely with engineering teams to incorporate a range of technical insights, as well as strategic and tactical requirements of the organisation and its external environment.
- Support the review of existing Asset Specification Plans to identify programs of work in preparation for Evoenergy’s regulatory reporting
- Maintain data within Evoenergy’s Asset Management System, producing governance procedures and manuals as identified by the engineering team
- Carry out guided reviews and documentation improvements of field/office-relate procedures, manuals, and reporting material related to governance of the Network Services program of work
- Review current maintenance practices and procedures with respect to manufacturer guidelines
- Provide support for project approvals and financial management of minor projects
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, with relevant work/trade experience
- Demonstrated understanding of asset management principles, asset construction, and asset maintenance
- Demonstrated understanding of the interpretation of maintenance records and reports in order to identify trends, corrective actions, and program of works
- Skilled in using, and improving, asset information systems (e.g., Riva, Cityworks, ADMS, or similar)
- Strong understanding of data quality management and data analytics, complemented by an understand of databases
- Strong financial acumen with a high attention to detail
How to apply
Please apply through our Recruitment portal by submitting a resume and a cover letter clearly outlining the key skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role.
If you wish to learn more about the role, please connect with Dominic Clark on 0457108239. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact email@example.com
Applications close on at 11.59pm on Sunday the 30th of January.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jan 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting salary $106,198 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type: