Analyst Programmer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy has an exciting 12-month opportunity for an Analyst Programmer to strengthen our Strategy and Operations team. Using your strategic and analytical thinking skills, complemented by your specialised expertise in statistical code development and maintenance, you will assist Evoenergy with its ongoing Net Zero modelling projects.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology, and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires, because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About this opportunity
The Analyst Programmer is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of custom data analytics tools and visual analytics solutions. Utilising your experience in version-controlled code development and maintenance using R, in conjunction with your practical knowledge of standard R libraries and visual analytics tools, you will develop new R-based data analytics solutions and translate prototype data analytics solutions into robust production code.
- Advise on the implementation of formal R code-based data analytics solutions, with focus given to a managed deployment and release strategy
- Develop, deploy, and maintain R-based data analytics solutions in order to strengthen the Strategic Modelling team’s data analytics and capabilities in effectively communicating forecasts and results
- Write, test, and document custom R packages
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, from management to government bodies
- Write effective reports, policies, and guidelines, delivering effective and engaging presentations that translates complex information, to influence the strategic direction of the organisation
- Tertiary qualification in Statistics, Computer Science, or STEM-related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience utilising your technical knowledge of R-based code development in a production environment
- Experience in R package development and development of R-based visual analytics
- Experience using practical code-based problem-solving skills through Codementor, Stack Overflow, or other freelancing platform(s)
- Experience using established (cloud-based) workflow deployment and production code development (e.g. in DevOps)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively build professional relationships
- Experience in applying statistics/machine learning methods to create business analytics solutions (e.g. using Shiny) (desirable)
How to apply
You should apply through our Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
Do you have questions about the role? You can contact Maurits Evers, Strategic Modelling Manager on 02 6248 3672. If you have any questions about the application progress, please email us at email@example.com.
Applications will close on 21st of January 2022.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Jan 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type: