Senior Electrical Designer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the Role
Evoenergy is seeking a customer-oriented Senior Electrical Designer to join our Major Projects Team. Complemented by your sound understanding of Safety in Design Principles and strong communication skills, you will be responsible for customer and stakeholder relationships by being the organisation’s initial customer contact and maintaining project oversight during all phases of assigned projects. You will be responsible for taking lead accountability for sound electrical analysis in the formation of complete and efficient customer connection offers and design solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a positive impact on a range of projects whilst acting as a mentor by providing advice and support to peers. This is a hands-on role in which you will be accountable for all aspects of major customer-related projects including chamber substations, new estate development electricity infrastructure, high voltage feeders, renewable energy connections, and others. You will take the projects from initial application and preliminary cost estimates, through detailed scope of works, calculations and assessments, options analysis, and on to developing recommendations, obtaining approvals, developing the design itself, and supporting field staff through the construction phase to commissioning and handover.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing design and project definition documentation through analysis and understanding of customer requests in order to accurately formulate a response, connection offer, and/or project scope of works
- Preparing and reviewing commercially sound customer offer/contract documents
- Preparing capital works approval documentation
- Preparing and reviewing detailed electricity network designs within budget and in line with connection applications for major electricity supply, electricity reticulation for greenfield estate development projects, SCADA/Automation, substation schematics, construction drawings, and associated cable and label schedules
- Primary electrical network analysis and design including but not limited to earthing system design and voltage drop calculations.
- Acting as the organisation’s point of contact, frequently liaising with project stakeholders to ensure successful project outcomes and positive customer experiences, managing customers’ expectations throughout, whilst successfully negotiating terms on behalf of the organisation
- Regularly reviewing all works within scope of responsible to ensure they meet regulatory and legal requirements, are within project scope and budget, and meet customer expectations.
What we would like you to have:
- Associate Degree of Electrical Engineering (Power/Electrical) or Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working in an asset-intensive industry (e.g. electricity utility, heavy electrical infrastructure, etc.) in the electrical design of complex projects. Exposure to civil, structural, and other types of designs are desirable
- Understanding of the regulatory environment relating to electricity distribution, or equivalent is desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills accompanied by a strong attention to detail
How can I apply?
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, and you have what we are after, we want to hear from you! Please apply through our recruitment portal by uploading your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria we would like you to have.
To learn more about the opportunity, we urge you to contact Sumith Gamage on 0420 524 490. If you would like some assistance on the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role close Sunday 11:59pm, 28th of November 2021.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. â€‹
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2021
- $129,482 annual salary + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution