Project Support Officer
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
Evoenergys Major Projects Group are looking for a highly organised and pro-active Project Support Officer to join our team and assist with all aspects of PMO activities pertaining to delivery of major projects on our electricity network.
The position is responsible for provision of project support, project performance analysis & reporting. You will be tasked with taking ownership of support tasks relating to project commencement, customer enquiries, construction work packaging, preparing reports and maintaining project share-point site.
We are looking for someone who is able to work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including our field crews, who is outcome focused and is able to work to timeframes whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
A day in the life:
- Create new projects and work orders in the system and coordinate any required approvals
- Assist senior engineers and project managers to develop fully resourced project estimates and schedules, as well as administrative support
- Maintain and update project cost estimates and forecasts, schedules, issues and risks register and other project related documents and reports
- Facilitate project document reviews and project health checks regularly with the relevant team members
- Follow up payments for projects and arrange to prepare construction work pack documents
- Site inspection for safety & quality conformance.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build & validate PMO Share-point site for consistent project data sharing and for the use of Project Management Improvement Initiative.
- Qualifications in Project Management or relevant experience in supporting or managing projects is essential
- Sound understanding of project management methodologies
- Sound understanding of WH&S requirement in infrastructure development project
- Knowledge or experience in the delivery of electrical utility infrastructure projects is desirable
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of the Microsoft suite of applications, with an Intermediate to advanced level in Excel & MS-Project
- Strong Organisational skills with a good eye for detail
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
Our application process
You should apply through our Recruitment portal, submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you can bring to this role.
If you have questions about the role, you can contact Santanu Chaudhuri on 0451 517874. If you have any questions relating to the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 7th March 2021.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Mar 2021
- $103,608 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type: