Network Outage Coordinator
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $123,847 p/a + 13% annualised salary + 15% super
- Canberra location
- Ongoing, Full-time opportunity
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
We have an opportunity for you to join the Strategy and Operations branch of Evoenergy as a Network Outage Coordinator.
The team efficiently controls the operation of the Evoenergy distribution network by managing and monitoring performance, switching requests, emergency responses, and the flow of information.
Using your knowledge and expertise, you will make outage arrangements and process work requests for planned work and dispatching work via the distribution management system. We are looking for a strong communicator who can work closely with team leaders, crews, Evoenergy stakeholders and emergency services.
If you are a technical expert who is passionate about power and cares about driving positive safety behaviour every single day, this could be the role for you.
A day in the life:
- Coordinate safe network access and manage the performance & integrity of the Evoenergy network under normal and emergency conditions.
- Coordinate network outage arrangements between Evoenergy and TransGrid, HV Network Generators and Major Network customers
- Develop and maintain competencies to act as Network Controller and LV Network Controller and be prepared to provide relief shifts on the respective rosters.
- Participate in a shift roster and “if necessary” on call arrangements
- Support the continual improvement and updates of the geographic, schematic and equipment data provided for use by System Operations (and available to users in the broader Distribution business and its customers).
- Build and maintain strong, respectful and caring relationships with the key stakeholders and the broader business
The Network Outage Coordinator role requires a broad skill set. A mix of operational and technical experience is required along with extensive exposure within an electricity transmission and distribution business, and strong business acumen skills.
The position requires:
- A recognised Electrical Trade Qualification with electrical distribution infrastructure operations experience
- Proven experience in or demonstrated knowledge and understanding of:
- Electricity distribution, transmission and zone substation networks operation and maintenance
- Electricity networks distribution management systems (DMS) and outage management systems (OMS)
- Electricity networks secondary systems (Protection, SCADA, Control, and Automation Schemes)
- Electricity networks safety procedures and operational risks assessment.
- Ability to think strategically to analyse and determine response to network events.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working with computer based technology in a multi-tasking environment with rapidly changing and competing priorities
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
Our application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal, submit your resume and one page cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you possess.
Do you have questions about the role? You should contact Wahid Ibrahim, System Operations Manager 0420 525 236. Or, if you need guidance with the application process you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, applications will not be accepted via email.
Applications will close Monday 5th October 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Oct 2020
- ACT - Fyshwick
- $123,847 + 13% annualised salary + superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution