Senior Design Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Canberra location
- $146,116 plus 15% superannuation
- 2 Year contract opportunity with possible extension
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
Our Major Projects team are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Design Engineer to work on challenging, unique projects and to deliver high quality design services.
The Senior Design Engineer will work on Substation related work and is responsible for the concept, planning, delivery and monitoring of the design process. We are looking for a collaborative individual who can build positive relationships and enjoy providing support to our business.
A day in the life:
- Complete project related engineering activities for assigned zone substation and transmission projects
- Prepare detailed designs within budget and in line with design briefs
- Prepare commercially sound project cost estimates covering all aspects and phases of the project
- Coordinate and undertake site investigations where required
- Adhere to external standards, regulations, acts and guides as well as internal policies and procedures
- Provide timely, comprehensive, and accurate progress reports
- As a senior team member, provide assistance to the Design Manager and team
We'll need you to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in design for complex electricity distribution projects focused on zone substations
- Background in Protection and SCADA
- Commercial negotiation and design contract establishment and management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to the electricity distribution industry
- Strong problem solving skills
- ACT Class C driver’s licence or equivalent
What we can offer you:
We boast a positive team culture that encourages the best out of every staff member. We are a team of dedicated professionals that operate in a flexible and autonomous environment. We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
About our application process
Please apply through our Recruitment portal by submitting a resume and a cover letter clearly outlining the key skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role.
If you wish to learn more about the role, please connect with Brad Eagle, Group Manager Major Projects on 0406 959 769.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Sep 2020
- ACT - Greenway
- $146,116 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution