Actuarial Data Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy’s are looking for an experienced Actuarial Data Analyst who is passionate about building statistical models to support data driven decision making for Evoenergy’s assets.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
Our Data and Analytics team are looking for an experienced Actuarial Data Analyst who can work with various data sources to solve challenging problems and provide new insights into the management of Evoenergy’s electrical infrastructure.
As part of this role you will collate data by querying databases, consult with stakeholders, analyse the data and build models to discover new opportunities to improve asset management strategies.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding opportunities to develop automated approaches to business processes.
A day in the life:
- Use statistical software at an advanced level to build models, conduct scenario analysis, and share findings with others
- Analyse and identify potential constraints in the electrical network
- Model asset reliability looking for ways to improve service to our customers
- Produce reports, policies, guidelines and deliver engaging presentations
- Conduct studies on the future energy needs of the Australian Capital Territory
- Maintain awareness of alternative sources of energy, demand growth and energy consumption trends
- You have tertiary qualifications in Actuarial Studies, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or Data Science
- Experience using R or a similar statistical software package
- Ability to solve technical problems in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working in the electricity distribution industry is an advantage
- You have exceptional communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all level
- Experience using Power BI or similar business analytics software
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
Our application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal, submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you possess.
If you have questions about the role, you can contact Joe Craddy, Principal Analyst on (02) 6293 5122. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
Applications will close on Sunday 20th September 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Sep 2020
- ACT - Greenway
- $101,576 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Information and Communications Technology