Network Planning Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $146,116 + 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, Full-time position
- Canberra location
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.â€‹
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
In the Planning & Regulation team of the Strategy and Operations group, we have a great opportunity for you to join the team as the Network Planning Engineer.
You will be a self-starter who will play a key role in enhancing the utilisation of our existing network capacity, provide technical leadership and engineering solutions to the business.
You will build and nurture positive relationships with the business and keep up-to-date with current practices to ensure Evoenergy’s service is in line with industry standards.
You can expect to be busy with lots of chances to create an impact within an agile, collaborative and challenging work environment. We are looking for a technical expert who is passionate about power and cares about driving positive safety behaviour every single day.
A day in the life:
The key accountabilities for this role expands into Network Planning, Network Augmentation Projects, Customer Connection Planning and Strategy & Standards.
- Lead 1-5-yr rolling capex/opex forecast for system augmentation by modelling & forecasting network loading & utilisation to ensure adequate capacity (aligned to long-term plans)
- Business case development for investment justification to obtain funding (using robust network data, probabilistic methodologies & considering non-network solutions)
- Lead augmentation expenditure input to annual RIN process, DLF calculation etc.
- Forecast DER uptake and associated network impacts including thermal and voltage limitations
- Lead development of network-initiated capex program to deliver reliability & performance & financial parameters
- Develop standardised tools, methods and data sets for network planning in line with DSO future
- Support feasibility studies for major connections
We'll need you to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering
- Min 5 years’ experience in electricity related engineering activity
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting and modelling network constraints
- Knowledge of energy network design philosophies, planning standards and technical development in the Australian electricity industry
- Detailed knowledge of IT systems used for network planning purposes (load flow packages)
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills
About our application process:
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the above requirements in your cover letter.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Chirag Desai on 0406 377 478. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 29 March 2020. Note, applications will be viewed and assessed upon receipt and shortlisted candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date.
Thinking about the move to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.
Highlights of Canberra include a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Mar 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- $146,116 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution