Group Manager Network Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the opportunity
We are looking for a new Group Manager Network Services to lead our Network Services team!
This newly created role will have six direct reports, and lead a large team of approximately 120 staff, who are responsible for managing inspection, maintenance and replacement of Evoenergy's electricity network, including effective and safe delivery of network-initiated works and monitoring of delivery performance.
This role has responsibility for Overhead Assets, Ground Assets, Vegetation, Zone Assets, and Works Management.
Reporting to the General Manager Evoenergy, we are looking for a strong people leader, who is committed to growing our workforce culture of Powering Possibilities, and will always champion a safe work environment.
This is a new opportunity that will enable you to apply your strategic, operational and technical experience to deliver on our strategic objective to 'energise the capital' through integrated energy networks and this will be done through culture, capability and customer experience.
You will need to have strong business insight in leading a multidisciplinary team to operate with a commercial risk-based approach in a capital and resource constrained environment.
Your day could be spent in the office presenting to our executive team or you could be in high vis and steel-capped boots, spending your day in the field.
What can you expect from this role:
- Owning the development of Asset Management Plans to optimise delivery
- Implementing and ensuring cost-effective allocation in regards to Opex and Capex
- Leading a large and diverse workforce with a focus on improving workplace culture and safety performance
- Overseeing the coordination of labour, equipment, and materials
- Ensuring our business processes are lean and commercially aligned
- Maximising our geospatially enabled IT/OT connected network system environment.
- Undertaking the role of Evoenergy’ s representative/media spokesperson during periods of planned/unplanned events
- Developing project specification and design briefs as required
- Driving the team to deliver on Evoenergy's strategic objectives
- Working collaboratively with the other Group Managers and General Manager Evoenergy to achieve business outcomes
- Seeking continuous improvements and new opportunities
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of tradespeople and qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. We offer a variety of flexible working options, professional development and generous salary and benefits.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
You will have:
- Demonstrated behaviours of collaboration, honesty, flexibility, respect, and positivity
- Validated experience in the improvement of safety culture and work practices
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a large technical maintenance and construction workforce
- Extensive experience in a Works Delivery environment
- The ability to develop long term operational and strategic plans
- Expert knowledge of the operation of electricity network infrastructure
- A deep understanding of trends and changes impacting the utility industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and be able to engage, influence and negotiate with our internal and external partners
- You are open to being on-call after hours as and when required
Does this sound like a leadership opportunity for you?
If so, please log onto our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum two-page pitch outlining the key skills, experiences, and behaviours that you can bring to this role by referring to the 'you will have' statements.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Fiona Wright, Acting General Manager Evoenergy on (02) 6293 5850
For enquiries about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th December 2019
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2019
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time