Safety Coach - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Ongoing, Full-time
- Commencing from $101,576 plus 15% superannuation
Evoenergy is currently looking for a hardworking and diverse individual to join our team as a full-time safety coach. The main focus of the role is to champion safety, quality and risk management, while also being able to expertly influence others in safety behaviour. The safety coach is responsible for delivering coaching outcomes through communication, reports and presentations to provide assurance on safe working practices.
Why work for Evoenergy?
Evoenergy is a committed electricity and gas distribution business that provides safe and reliable services throughout the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for all consumers and employees and strive to constantly exceed all expectations by investing into the people, technology, and other innovations that will best benefit our business, as well as all of our partners.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and helps inspire many because what we do matters to many of the people in Canberra. Evoenergy employs skilled professionals that are passionate about empowering and improving our community. We offer a range of professional development options as well as a competitive salary, numerous benefits, and flexible working options.
Evoenergy is an equal opportunity employer that pride ourselves on diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants to apply from a range of diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds across all ages. We have a strong stance on gender equality and encourage all women and men consider this position.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- Coach internal business partners with respect to Job Risk Assessments (JRA), observation techniques and reporting, assertive communication skills, and compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Build effective partnerships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to influence and adopt mentoring practices.
- Provide guidance and leadership to support successful implementation of coaching and mentoring programs within a safety operations environment.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the general manager of Evoenergy on the efficiency of safety practices and improvements based on coaching observations.
- Relay mentoring observations through to management and provide information that can be used to make appropriate business decisions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to minimise health and safety risks at Evoenergy.
What you need to have:
- Trade qualification as an electrical fitter/mechanic or linesperson.
- Extensive experience in a relative trade within the electrical distribution industry.
- Understanding or experience in safety leadership in an operational environment.
- Strong understanding of relevant standards, procedures and safety rules and regulations relevant to the Evoenergy environment.
- Proven knowledge of construction and maintenance practices in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Electrical safety knowledge.
- The ability to implement safety coaching and mentoring knowledge.
- Skills to influence and persuade others in safety culture.
Does this role sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please log onto our online recruitment portal and submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience, and capabilities that you possess.
Applications close 14 October 2019. To learn more about this great opportunity, please contact Paul Wheatley on 0414 515 587.
If you need assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with Laura Manca on (02) 6248 3548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 14 Oct 2019
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health & Safety