Technical Compliance Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Technical Compliance Officer
- $98,617 plus 15% Superannuation
- Ongoing, full-time
- Canberra Location
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We have an opportunity for you to join our Asset Strategy branch as a Technical Compliance Officer.
We are looking for someone who can provide guidance and coordination of technical legislation and regulations to ensure consistency and integration into business operations.
You could be a recent graduate with a double degree in commerce and engineering with some experience in a compliance based role (perhaps through a graduate rotation) or you might be looking to learn more and grow your technical expertise in compliance.
Are you a self-starter, who is passionate about power and care about driving positive safety behaviour every single day?
Like what your reading? Then this role is for you.
A day in the life:
- As a dedicated partner to the legality of risk and compliance, you will develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal and legislative guidelines
- With your continuous improvement mindset, you will evaluate the efficiency of engineering controls
- Because you enjoy providing solutions as you revise procedures and reports, you will identify unnecessary complexity, hidden risks and non-conformity issues
- By staying ahead of national regulatory developments, you will assist in innovating standard methodologies in compliance control
- As an advocate for building and cultivating positive relationships, you will partner with the business to translate complex regulatory information across all levels
- You have tertiary qualifications in either engineering, law, risk management or commerce or combination of
- You have an understanding of the energy industry legislation, regulation and technical standards
- You have an analytical mind-set and enjoy translating complex regulatory information for business insight
- You have exceptional communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
About the team
- We help you grow your technical capability through mentorship and strong partnerships across the business.
- We work hard and enjoy what we do, our work is challenging and always rewarding.
- We love a challenge every single day. We solve problems and get the job done, safely.
About our application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
If you have questions about the role, you can contact Dennis Stanley, Branch Manager Asset Strategy on (02) 6270 7667.
Applications will close on 22 March 2019.
Thinking about the move to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution