- Work at Australias first carbon neutral university
- Deliver cutting-edge approaches to energy efficiency
- Lead innovative projects to further enhance our carbon footprint
- Be a mentor and change agent working with peers to drive the delivery of a Clean Energy Strategy
- Relocation assistance available
- Continuing, Full Time
- $84,118 to $91,957 Salary pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst or Wagga Wagga
As the Energy Manager, you are responsible for the identification, planning, implementation and monitoring of energy and water management initiatives within an organisation is already sector-leading. Develop and oversee guidelines and procedures that assist the University to achieve its resource management and sustainability targets relating to energy, water and greenhouse gas reductions. Carbon accounting and reporting is a key part of the role.
For more information on CSU Green initiatives click here.
To be successful you will have:
- Knowledge of energy reduction/resource efficiency principles and a demonstrated record of being able to put these principles into practice
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and interpretation of business cases, particularly those relating to building services upgrades and investments
- Demonstrated skills in communication and negotiation, including prior experience in providing mentoring and leadership to an operational team for the purpose of achieving improved energy efficiency outcomes
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Corporate Services Group provides strategic advice to the Vice-Chancellor, University Council and the Vice-Chancellor Leadership Team across the Portfolio with an emphasis on finance and resource management across the University. This portfolio includes the functions of Finance, Information Technology and Facilities Management and delivers professional services and support to the University community commanding the management and deployment of a significant asset base. The Corporate Services Group has the overarching responsibility and commitment to lead the physical and technological development of the University; to lead organisational change and development in the service and support areas of the University as part of the University Strategy 2017-2022.
The Division of Facilities Management is responsible for developing and maintaining campuses of the University including planning, design and construction of new buildings, refurbishments and maintenance of existing buildings and development and maintenance of grounds with the provision of security services.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits. The location of campuses in some of Australias most desirable regional cities, means less time commuting, working and stressing, and more time for you and your family to enjoy NSWs beautiful natural surrounds.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Ed Maher | Manager, CSU Green | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 6933 4080
Closing Date: 11 pm, 23 July 2019