Is this role for you?
Do you have the passion to undertake and maintain the lead of our Regulation and Pricing team?
Have you got a strong knowledge in our energy policy and the ability to create and maintain strong relations with our stakeholders?
We would like to hear from you!
Can you deliver?
- Monitor, and contribute to the development of the national electricity market, Tasmanian electricity industry regulation and related electricity supply industry regulatory frameworks
- Optimise TasNetworks' business position within the regulatory framework
- Manage the relationship with the Australian Energy Regulator, Australian Energy Markets Commission; Office of Energy Planning and Conservation; and the Tasmanian Economic Regulator
- Oversee TasNetworks' electricity supply industry compliance framework, including complying with the Electricity Supply Industry Act, the National Electricity Law and Rules, the National Electricity Consumer Framework and transmission and distribution licences
- Support preparation of information and scenarios for business planning, revenue and pricing proposals
- Organise establishment of revenue and pricing proposal teams, support project teams once established, and ensure learnings from revenue and price determination processes are embedded in improved processes
What does success look like?
- ï‚· Detailed understanding of economic regulation, pricing and compliance, gained in a relevant sector, preferably utilities
- ï‚· Detailed understanding of risk assessments and subsequent impact on regulatory strategy
- ï‚· An understanding of economic regulation principles and financial models
- ï‚· Understanding of the Australian Energy Industry, the NEM and regulatory environment
- ï‚· Understanding of key regulatory stakeholders
- ï‚· Strong leadership, influencing, communication and interpersonal skills
- ï‚· Sound customer focus
- ï‚· Awareness of how to influence external stakeholders to ensure TasNetworks' position is effectively communicated and reflected in regulatory reform
- ï‚· Proven ability to influence market reforms to support organisational success
- ï‚· A demonstrated track-record in developing a regulatory and compliance strategy within the utility sector
- ï‚· Exceptional organisation and time management abilities to manage concurrent and competing priorities
- ï‚· Have relevant utility / industry experience, skills and knowledge
- ï‚· A demonstrated understanding of the regulatory framework in which a utility operates and the link between business decisions and their impact on the regulatory outcomes
- ï‚· Experience in supporting revenue and pricing proposals
Can you see yourself living here?
Based in Tasmania's capital, historic Hobart will be a great base for the successful incumbent to reside in order to take up this role. The region is situated on the scenic river Derwent with stunning world heritage wilderness areas just a stone's throw away. Enjoy a relaxed lifestyle with easy access to the world class events like Dark Mofo, Taste of Tasmania and Wooden Boat festival.
TasNetworks supplies the power from the generation source to homes and businesses through a network of transmission towers, substations and power lines.
— Our vision is to be 'Trusted by our customers to deliver today and create a better tomorrow'.
"It takes a myriad of people to bring power to Tasmanians and we are proud to be a diverse workforce contributing to the future of our state"
Lance Balcombe, CEO
At TasNetworks we will support you to be yourself.
To know more check out our Position Description
See the position description here
For further information on this role please contact email@example.com
Advertising closes Thursday 22nd Nov at 11:59pm EST