Senior Electrical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Ampcontrol (View other jobs from this organisation)
WHAT WE DO
Ampcontrol delivers integrated electrical, electronics and control solutions to improve safety and efficiency in mining, renewable, infrastructure and industrial applications.
What sets us apart is our ability to engineer unique solutions that deliver on both performance and reliability. Drawing on the multi-disciplined technical teams within our business, we step outside the conventions of traditional problem solving and seek new ways to improve electrical infrastructure design through smart electronics, intelligent data gathering; and operational networking and control.
We are located across the world and deliver projects to some of the most remote countries on the planet.
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Electrical Engineer with a highly technical lean to join Ampcontrol ETM. You will coordinate and perform field high voltage (HV) and laboratory testing to meet quality, specification and legislative requirements, across the power, utilities and mining sectors.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this critical position, your daily activities will include:
- co-ordinating and performing field HV and laboratory testing and measurements;
- participating in and initiating the development of existing and new products, systems, services and standards;
- participating in and initiating job/test review meetings;
- quoting and responding to tenders;
- writing and editing test reports and condition assessments; and
- providing authoritative advice to customers.
Due to the broad nature of this opportunity, you must be capable of working across all aspects of testing and commissioning projects, with the ability to perform hands on field and laboratory testing and measurements as required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Your hands-on approach coupled with the ability to put team needs first, will be complemented with the following:
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) level qualifications in Electrical Engineering;
- minimum of 5 years post graduate relevant Electrical Engineering experience;
- advanced knowledge of Electrical Engineering and HV systems design and familiarity with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practices;
- experience working in a commissioning or manufacturing environment;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- a proven record and demonstrated commitment to safe work practices.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Oct 2017
- NSW - Warabrook
- Work Type:
- Full Time