SCADA & Electrical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Searson Buck Pty Ltd - LAUNCESTON, TAS (View other jobs from this organisation)
Searson Buck are again proud to be partnering with Tasmanian Irrigation (TI) in their search for a SCADA & Electrical Engineer. This newly created role will provide technical guidance for TI’s electrical, data and control systems function across the network.
Tasmanian Irrigation currently operates 18 irrigation schemes around the State and has a further $185m commitment from Federal & State Government to support the design and construction of five new schemes over the next 5-8 years.
This newly created position is a key role within the Technical Support Services Team and supports TI’s capacity to deliver uninterrupted water supply to their irrigator body throughout the State. The SCADA & Electrical Engineer is a state-wide role with a primary focus on the provision of Electrical and Control Systems strategy and design, asset management and technical support to the Water Delivery, Program Development and Delivery groups.
Key to this role will be an individual’s ability to;
- Develop Electrical and Control Systems strategy & capability
- Provide creative programming and design solutions
- Deliver high quality technical support and advice
- Support asset management, maintenance, and planning activities
- Optimise scheme operations through sound problem solving and data analysis
- Manage delivery of SCADA & Electrical projects with direct budgetary and cost control responsibility
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate significant prior experience in a similar position preferably within the development of irrigation schemes, waste water or sewerage networks, large-scale industrial installations, or marine pipeline construction projects.
The successful SCADA & Electrical Engineer will;
- Hold a relevant engineering or technical qualification
- Have demonstrated skills in PLC, RTU, HMI and SCADA design and programming
- Sound understanding of Electrical, statutory and code compliance
- Be aligned to TI’s people positive culture
As the SCADA & Electrical Engineer you will work closely with the Manager, Asset Management & Maintenance Planning to deliver network efficiencies across the existing irrigation network and be involved in the design and development of key electrical infrastructure for new irrigation schemes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and live in Tasmania and contribute to the growth of the state’s agribusiness sector.
For a confidential conversation and copy of the Position Description please contact Susan on 0438 078 292 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close COB Monday 1stMarch 2021
- Closing Date:
- 01 Mar 2021
- TAS - Launceston
- Work Type:
- Full Time