Manager, Climate Change and Clean Energy Program - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Conservation Foundation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager, Climate Change and Clean Energy Program
~ Application’s extended for additional 3 weeks. Don’t miss this opportunity. Apply now! ~
Are you an engaged and committed person who enjoys working in a collaborative team?
Are you passionate about applying your campaign leadership skills to Australia’s leading environmental organisation?
- Be part of a strong, dynamic campaign team driving action on climate change.
- Deliver our campaign to shift Australia’s energy sector from new and existing coal developments into clean energy alternatives.
- Stand with over 300 000 supporters by your side and help create the change Australia needs.
Full time, permanent position with a salary of $99,710 plus 10% superannuation and great working conditions!
The Australian Conservation Foundation is Australia’s national environment organisation – over 300,000 people creating a world where forests, rivers, people and wildlife thrive.
A handful of people formed ACF 50 years ago when mining first threatened the Great Barrier Reef. Now the ACF community has grown into a powerful force for nature.
We bring together people from community, government and business. Our community advocates against pollution and destruction, and for our living world. We hold decision makers to account. We champion big ideas, and find common ground with unlikely partners.
We love and protect the web of life right across our continent, from the Kimberley to the Reef, the reef down the Great Dividing Range to Tasmania’s forests.
People power our campaigns. We are proudly independent, non-partisan and funded by donations from our community.
The Role & Team
The Campaigns directorate is responsible for powerful advocacy to deliver transformative environmental policy and practice by decision makers in government and business.
The Climate Change and Clean Energy program is one team within the Campaigns directorate working alongside the Northern Australia program, Healthy Ecosystems program, Community Organising program, and Government Relations and Economics specialists.
The work of the Climate Change campaign team involves close collaboration with the other Campaigns directorate areas and ACF’s Engagement and Fundraising directorates.
As the Manager of the Climate Change and Clean Energy program you will lead a team of skilled and committed campaign staff. You will hold responsibility for the effective management and delivery of campaigns to tackle climate change including:
- Reduction of greenhouse pollution,
- Increased uptake of renewable energy, and
- Closing Australia’s polluting coal-fired power stations.
The Clean Energy and Climate Change program utilises campaigning approaches that include organising and mobilising ACF supporters, developing innovative policy and action, influencing the media coverage of climate and energy issues, directly advocating solutions to political and business decision makers and building alliances with other organisations.
Your foremost focus upon commencement will be working with ACF supporters, campaigns staff, and allies to build the community power and momentum needed to transition Australia off polluting coal and onto clean energy.
- You are a creative and innovative campaign designer and deliverer;
- You have an exceptional track record of influencing, persuading, and successful negotiations, along with excellent communication skills;
- You are an astute strategy planner, with sound decision making ability in dynamic contexts;
- You are an outstanding leader and inspiring people manager.
If this is you, we want to hear from you! Don’t miss this exciting opportunity. Apply now!
- Submit your application including a CV and a cover letter briefly addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Position Description), to Paul Sinclair, Director of Campaigns, email@example.com by Sunday 26 February 2017.
- View the Position Description on our website www.acf.org.au/work_with_us
Applicants may be contacted to progress to the next stage of recruitment prior to the close date, so get in early! We want to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job.
As part of ACF’s recruitment process, a criminal background check will be conducted.
We request no agency contact please.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Feb 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- $99,710 (+ 10% super $9,971 and great working conditions!)
- Work Type:
- Full Time