Senior Engineer (SCADA) - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Engineer SCADA
- Contribute to modernising the way TasWater operates and maintains its assets, improving our customer service and making a positive difference to Tasmania.
- Position based in either Launceston, Devonport or Hobart
As the Senior Engineer SCADA, you will be responsible for developing water and sewerage asset systems strategies with a focus on SCADA systems. You will link the corporate objectives with Asset Management policies and the strategic Asset Management Plan, balancing customer service levels with asset life cycle cost and residual operational risk.
Key challenges in this role include:
- Ensuring that our SCADA system is fully leveraged to improve the operation and performance of TasWater’s water and sewerage assets
- Maximising the ability of SCADA to collect and store for analysis, timely information required for evidence based decision making
- Providing SCADA Engineering advice to the business to enable effective and efficient operation of water and wastewater plants with regard to safety, quality and cost
- Applying specialist SCADA knowledge to develop high quality solutions for the business for water and sewerage infrastructure projects
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated experience with electrical and SCADA assets
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of electrical and SCADA design principles and extensive professional experience in the delivery of such projects
- Demonstrated experience in developing asset management plans and asset strategies, preferably in the water industry
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater's vision is to be 'a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania'. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. As the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state we do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day.
Why join the TasWater Team?
At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and gives our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
It is our people who play an integral role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future. TasWater encourages our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development with an emphasis on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important and offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
For further information about this role please contact email@example.com or visit our website for a copy of the position description www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers
If this role interests you and you would like to become part of the TasWater Team - Click Apply Now
Please include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description in your application.
Applications Close 28 June 2017
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jun 2017
- Work Type:
- Full Time