$106,988 plus 10% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne
Working in the Parks and City Greening branch, you will play a key role in our response to the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency. You will lead the ongoing development and implementation of the Melbourne Green Factor tool and provide senior level planning advice on sustainable design and green infrastructure in planning applications. You will contribute to the development and progression of ambitious strategies and planning policy through your expertise, networks and advocacy skills.
In addition, you will provide project management, research and data gathering support toward the continued implementation of the Green Our City Strategic Action Plan and other city greening initiatives.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in Planning, Environmental Engineering/Management, Architecture, Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Building, or a related field.
- Relevant professional experience and applied knowledge of green infrastructure and/or Environmentally Sustainable Design.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of planning and building legislation, standards, guidelines and rating tools in the assessment of proposed green infrastructure and ESD performance in development planning applications.
- Highly developed analytical and lateral thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to drive strategy and affect change.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills with an ability to represent Council in public forums and to negotiate positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain multidisciplinary networks across levels of government and professions to achieve green infrastructure strategic objectives.
- Strategic planning and policy development experience.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply for this position please visit the City of Melbourne career page, link below:
Please address your covering letter to Fiona Finlayson, Manager Open Space Planning and Green Infrastructure, Parks and City Greening
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 25 July 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.