$106,988 plus 10% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Combing strategic foresight, analysis and deep engagement, the purpose of the Strategy, Planning and Climate Change Division is to partner with our Traditional Owners, community and stakeholders to enable the city and organisation of the future to be imagined and realised. The Division works collaboratively to shape and deliver a vision for Melbourne as a global city – to guide the next generation of Melbourne’s growth to achieve a bold, inspirational and sustainable city.
Comprising subject matter experts who are collaborative, outward facing, initiative-driven and customer-focused, the Division seeks to ensure that the City of Melbourne is leading the public policy discussion and on the cutting edge of Aboriginal recognition, resilience, city and precinct planning, urban planning and development, sustainability, partnerships, advocacy and engagement.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant sustainability issues including regulation, guidelines, technologies, and State, Federal and International policy and initiatives.
- Understanding and experience in ESD planning and sustainability rating tools such as Green Star, BESS, NatHers, NABERS.
- Experience in the development, implementation and management of policy and initiatives supporting environmental sustainability.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environment, sustainability, public policy, or business related field, or equivalent level of experience.
- High level written and oral communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive networks, engaging with community and business stakeholders and providing high quality customer service.
- Proven capability to contribute to skill development of team members by providing coaching, mentoring and support.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply for this position please visit the City of Melbourne career page, link below:
Please address your covering letter to John Griffiths, Director Climate Change and City Resilience
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 25 July 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.