We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
As part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will work on one of the States most significate and critical assets.
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer Trade - Electrical to join our Asset Maintenance Team at Keepit Dam. This role will be responsible for delivering day to day maintenance, service activities and general labouring for water infrastructure assets and river systems. More than just a Maintenance Electrician, you will be also be trained in Dam Safety Surveillance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operational maintenance tasks aligned with the preventative maintenance program.
- Dam surveillance and water sampling.
- Ongoing reporting and ensuring documentation are accurate.
- Working with the Maintenance Team Leader to achieve a high standard of work, safely and efficiently.
Skills and qualifications required:
- An electrical trade qualification with Industrial maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining critical, major asset classes.
- The ability to work as a part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture.
- Demonstrate good computer skills, in particular MS Office suite of products
- Current NSW driver's licence
What we are offering:
- Permanent Full Time role
- Maintenance staff work a 9-day fortnight but core hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Great workplace with good job variety
We are looking for someone who can work in a high-volume environment with competing priorities required on multiple tasks.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 27th September 2021