Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent opportunity to work for a high performing team
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Salary $152,019 to $166,604 plus 15% super
Our Commercial Finance team has an exciting opportunity for a strategic and analytical individual to lead a small team of professionals to provide specialist strategic advisory services including the management of Icon Water’s investment in the ActewAGL Joint Venture.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a small team of professionals to provide specialist strategic advisory services, focused on maximizing value and optimizing performance into the future.
- Provide leadership and expert strategic advice in relation to the management of Icon Water’s investment in the ActewAGL Joint Venture.
- Provide a critical role in analysing and advising on the impacts of the ACT Government’s key NZ45 decisions and policies.
- Monitoring of the energy and related industries, and applying observations to consider risks identify opportunities and recommend strategic pathways.
- Manage the corporate insurance function, driving strategic value through managing our relationship with the insurance brokers and associated contractual arrangements.
- Develop business cases/plans and strategies including financial modelling, corporate structuring advice, contracting advice, strategic assessment and risk mitigation for potential strategic programs and activities.
- Review, analyse, advise and develop of internal policy and strategy in relation to key commercial activities considering the strategic, economic, legislative, regulatory and operational contexts.
To learn more about the key responsibilities, please refer to the position description attached to this job advert.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance (or similar)
- Membership of CPA or CAANZ
- At least 7 years’ experience in a management accounting, commercial finance or consulting environment, undertaking performance reporting, in-depth financial analysis, research and business modelling at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience working in the identification and realisation of business opportunities through market identification, industry research, competitor analysis, customer requirements and supplier capability assessment.
- Experience with energy utilities (electricity and gas) is preferred.
- Ability to lead and manage a small team, including the ability to motivate and influence others to deliver required outcomes.
- Experience in preparing and presenting complex business issues and information combined with the ability to engage and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you are keen in taking up this exciting opportunity, please apply via our online recruitment portal.
Please submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter demonstrating how you meet the qualifications, skills and experience needed to be successful in this role.
For more information, please contact Leanne Brooker, Manager Commercial Finance via email Leanne.Brooker@iconwater.com.au OR call 02 6180 6288.
If you need assistance with the recruitment process, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 14 August 2022
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Aug 2022
- ACT - Mitchell
- $152,019 to $166,604 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time