Water Maintenance Officer
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Maintenance Officer – Multiple positions available!
- 1 x permanent, full-time opportunity
- 1 x maximum-term opportunity until February 2025
- 1 x 12 months maximum-term opportunity
- Remuneration - $69,337 plus 20% annualised component (after probation completion), plus 15% superannuation
Icon Water has multiple opportunities for capable and hardworking individuals to join as our Water Maintenance Officer. If you are keen to kick-start your career in the water and sewerage industry, then this is the right opportunity for you!
As a member of our collaborative team, you will undertake preventative and reactive maintenance tasks at our Lower Molonglo Water Quality Control Centre. Your work location also looks across one of Canberra's most stunning views.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the Organisation and strongly encourage women to apply.
A day in the life of a Water Maintenance Officer…
- Undertake scheduled preventative tasks
- Respond to reactive maintenance tasks
- Co-ordinate task completion within available team resources and operational and procedural constraints
- Complete documentation and reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call roster
- Assist in the identification of workplace hazards, conduct risk assessments and work in accordance with implemented safe work practices and procedures
Requirements of the role:
- Ability to work safely with chemicals and in an industrial situation
- Possess an ACT Class C Drivers Licence or equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to participate in appropriate training programs and emergency on-call rosters.
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work including working in confined spaces. A pre-employment medical will be completed as part of the recruitment process.
- Demonstrated ability to work and cooperate with other trades, individuals and work groups.
- Ability to work under limited direction and supervision both as an individual and as a member of a small, self-directed work group.
Does this sound like you?
If this role takes your interest, please log on to our recruitment portal and:
- submit your resume
- submit your cover letter clearly addressing how you meet the requirements of the role.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Rodney Harding, Water Maintenance Delivery Supervisor on 0417 623 563.
Applications close: 1 July 2022
- Closing Date:
- 01 Jul 2022
- ACT - Holt
- $69,337 plus 20%annualised component plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time