Epic Energy is one of Australia's leading energy infrastructure companies who own and operate a diverse range of energy infrastructure, including a renewable energy portfolio of wind, solar and microgrid assets, and over 1,300 kilometres of gas transmission pipelines.
Epic Energy delivers high quality and reliable services for their energy retail, power generation, commercial and industrial customers and is committed to embracing new energy directions as our market transitions to tomorrow's energy.
The Government of South Australia has recently selected Epic Energy as a preferred partner to develop the integrated pipeline and hydrogen storage solution for the world's largest hydrogen production facility and power plant in SA.
As a result of this significant and exciting win, Epic Energy are now looking to appoint a Project Director, Hydrogen who will report into the CEO and be responsible for leading all aspects of the project. This role is offered as an initial 7 month fixed term contract to see through the ECI phase with the view of obtaining FID for the project through EPC to completion, however, flexibility exists to attract the right person.
Key elements of the role:
- Day-to-day management of the project, including project planning, approvals, project deliverables, quality assurance, and management reporting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project management plans, systems, processes, and procedures to govern project work.
- Manage and appropriately utilise internal and external engineering services for the provision of specialty engineering expertise and oversight for delivery of the project technical deliverables.
- Oversee and monitor project performance and seek to make improvements as necessary.
- SA Gov interface management of the project which supports the Hydrogen Jobs Plan framework
- Stakeholder Management - all dimensions
- Planning, controls and risk management
- Driving effective communication and standards
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Degree level tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline (or similar).
- Project Management practitioner or post graduate qualifications in Project Management.
- Significant demonstrated experience of successful project delivery in senior project management roles.
- Understanding and experience with working, and managing, construction service providers under consultant and EPC contract arrangements.
- Extensive knowledge of pipeline design, construction, operation and maintenance practices.
- Working knowledge of the gas industry, regulators, commercial contracts and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership, managing and prioritising workloads and allocation of resources.
- High levels of analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills with managing project budget, schedule and deliverables to meet or exceed project targets.
- Ability to think strategically on concepts longer than immediate timeframes.
- Technologically savvy with developed problem-solving skills and adaptability to moving circumstances or priorities.
- Developed negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Must be prepared to travel to meet the needs of the business including interstate travel, work and travel in remote field locations.
- Current unencumbered Australian Driver's Licence.
What you will get in return:
- Opportunity to lead SA's first Hydrogen project - an innovative, rewarding and challenging project
- Support of an established and local infrastructure owner/operator
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Opportunity for future projects
To apply for the role, please click on apply to submit your CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Randstads Energy, Oil & Gas and Hydrogen specialists, Clayton Colbert on 0478 320 609 or Justin Martin on 0427 826 908.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.