- Are you a highly productive and ambitious researcher?
- Collaborate with world leading experts working to develop materials for contaminant management including carbon dioxide (CO2) capture
- Join CSIRO Energy and apply your skills in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
Research projects staff in CSIRO undertakes collaborative scientific and technological activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental, observational or technology development work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the research.
This role will support the reservoir productivity team in the development of materials for contaminant management. This includes materials for managing unwanted production of CO2, mercury and hydrogen sulfide. Specifically, this will include materials development, detailed testing, assistance with scale-up and implementation of technologies for CO2 capture and contaminant management.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out material synthesis and characterisation with an emphasis on polymeric materials;
- Detailed performance evaluation of materials for contaminant management and in the first instance this will focus on materials for CO2 capture;
- Utilizing the results of material testing to provide data necessary for the further development and optimization of material properties
- Under general direction participate in planning projects and accept responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
- Adapt and/or develop original experimental methods/equipment/software/concepts/ ideas in support of existing and further research, promptly addressing where methods may not be defined and initiative is required in seeking new approaches to meet experimental and/or technological needs.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Salary: AU$85,361- $$96,573 + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelors and/or equivalent relevant work experience in chemistry/materials synthesis or chemical engineering
- Experience working in a laboratory environment with demonstrated record of conducting independent research (i.e., report publication, journal publications or industry experience).
- Experience with material/chemical synthesis and characterisation.
- Experience with gas storage and/or processing
- Expertise in polymer science/engineering
- Industry or laboratory experience in a research and development environment
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 September 2021, 11:59pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 26 Sep 2021
- WA - Perth
- AU$85,361- $$96,573 + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: