- Contribute to major energy research projects
- Further your experience in chemical process industries
- Use your skills in high pressure & temperature laboratory, pilot and large-scale experimental facilities & instrumentation
As a Research Technician on our team, you will take a hands-on approach to the development and construction of specialist experimental facilities, development of experimental procedures, and operation of advanced experimental and analytical facilities to deliver key components of major energy research projects.
You will work with a dynamic team of researchers, including research scientists and engineers, specialist trades, engineering, digital and laboratory facilities experts.
Your duties will include:
- Helping to develop, construct, maintain and operate bench, pilot-scale and large-scale high pressure and temperature experimental facilities.
- Day-to-day assistance in the maintenance and operation of general laboratory equipment, e.g. gas analysers, furnaces, ovens, sample preparation equipment, analysis of materials.
- Participating in experimental work programs and recording details of the work in laboratory notebooks and existing databases.
- Preparing coal, biomass, waste materials and other samples for experimental work on large-scale and small-scale facilities and manage workflow among other competing tasks.
Location: Brisbane (Pullenvale), QLD
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant trade certificate/diploma in a mechanical or instrumentation stream, and/or relevant work experience in chemical process industries or equivalent.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Some knowledge of, and experience working with, hand- and power tools.
- Laboratory-based experimental skills, including some expertise in high pressure and temperature laboratory instrumentation and analytical techniques.
- Sound knowledge of PC-based applications for word processing, spreadsheeting and database management.
- The ability to work independently and follow instructions safely.
- A flexible approach to problem-solving under general direction.
- Sound knowledge of, and commitment, to OHS policies.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday, 20th December 2020, 11:00pm AEST