- Do you have qualifications or experience in data science or analysis?
- Draw on your extensive experience in an applied research area such as the Energy sector
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Energy is playing a key role in Australia’s energy transition. With work spanning from energy efficiency in buildings to the operation of electricity systems, we work across a large range of industries and application domains.
We are seeking to appoint a Digital Energy Lead to grow the team’s efforts around the analysis and application of energy data ranging from grid topologies to consumption and generation information.
In this role, you will be expected to drive internal efforts to analyse and commercialise existing data sets, and also to secure and lead collaborative projects with CSIRO’s commercial partners.
Your duties will include:
- Establishing new internal programmes of work that seek to maximise the national impact and commercial potential of CSIRO’s wide range of existing data sets.
- Leading efforts to connect with external partners, to apply the latest data science approaches in industries ranging from grid operations to building energy efficiency.
- Building significant collaborative relationships with Australian universities and international research organisations.
- Establishing CSIRO Energy as a go-to agency leading the application of innovative data science to the energy industry
Location: Newcastle, NSW or Melbourne, VIC; other locations negotiable.
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- PhD or equivalent experience in data science or analysis.
- Extensive experience in an applied research area, preferably in the energy sector, or a related engineering domain.
- A network of national and international collaborators working in the applied data science domain.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for complex proposals/ideas.
- An outstanding record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well-developed research skills to scientific investigations of significant consequence.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19th October 2020, 11:00pm AEST